Friday, January 27 & Saturday, January 28
Arts Access is pleased to offer this workshop for people interested in becoming audio describers. Participants in this training are eligible to audition for Audio Describer employment opportunities with Arts Access.
What is Audio Description?
Audio Description is a narration service for individuals who are blind or have low vision. The audio describer provides an ongoing dialogue of visual events that are taking place.
Participants will Learn
-how to articulate visual details effectively and in the moment
-tips for bringing audio description back to your organization
-how to enhance the theater or gallery experience for the blind and low vision audience.
Where: Comfort Suites, Page Rd.
To Register: Register online. Email Jennifer Marshburn, email@example.com or call Arts Access at 919-833-9919 for more information.
Accommodations: Comfort Suites is offering a special rate of $67.30 for attendees. Contact Comfort Suites RTP for booking information.
Light dinner will be provided Friday, and a light lunch Saturday.
What a great...
Evening with Arts Access
Thank you to all who attended our Annual Fall event! A special thanks to Carly P. Jones, and Roundabout Art Collective for an amazing night of music, art, and entertainment!
Arts Access' Artist Registry
Missed our July Webinar? Learn how to create meaningful arts experiences for students with low vision or blindnes. The webinar can be accessed directly here.
Arts Access, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1982 and is dedicated to increasing access to North Carolina's thriving arts community for children and adults with disabilities
What We Do
- Provide a statewide platform for sharing information related to arts and disability through our website, social media and e-news. Join our inclusive arts network today!
- Organize and lead workshops statewide. Working with arts educators on professional development and educating staff of arts organization on best practices for inlcuding people with disabilities.
- Maintain a full scheudle of Audio Described performances so that patrons who are blind or have low vision can fully experience theatrical productions.
- Offer consultation and facility review services to arts organizations.
- Contribute insight into developing and implementing an ADA accessibility plan.
- Contribute one-on-one support to artists and art patrons with disabilities!
Sponsorship opportunities are always available. Contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.