Arts Access would like to thank all of our guests and sponsors who joined us on Tuesday, April 26, for The Affair 2016. It was a clear, warm night with delicious food and wonderful music provided by Chris Hendricks, Triangle Taiko Drummers, and the Johnny Folsom 4. We would like to extend a special thank you to NCSU Chancellor, Randy Woodson, and his wife, Susan, for opening their beautiful home to host this event.
Call for Art - The Kennedy Center
The Office of VSA and Accessbility, a Jean Kennedy Smith Arts & Disability Program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, proudly presents its annual International Arts Program for Children with Disabiities. Yo Soy... Je Suis... I am... the World is an exciting opportunity for children with disabilities from around the world to display their artwork side-by-side in an online exhibition. A selection of artwork from the online entries will be chosen for a live exhibition in Washington, D.C.! Artwork must be submitted by June 8, 2016.
For more information, visit the VSA International Art Program for Children with Disabilities web page.
Who We Are
Arts Access, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1982 and is dedicated to increasing access to North Carolina's thriving arts community for children and adults with disabilities
What We Do
- Provide a statewide platform for sharing information related to arts and disability through our website, social media and e-news. Join our inclusive arts network today!
- Organize and lead workshops statewide. Working with arts educators on professional development and educating staff of arts organization on best practices for inlcuding people with disabilities.
- Maintain a full scheudle of Audio Described performances so that patrons who are blind or have low vision can fully experience theatrical productions.
- Offer consultation and facility review services to arts organizations.
- Contribute insight into developing and implementing an ADA accessibility plan.
- Contribute one-on-one support to artists and art patrons with disabilities!
Sponsorship opportunities are always available. Contact our Program Coordinator at email@example.com.